Friday, February 26, 2010

Inspiration . . .

Sometimes a story finds you and sometimes you have to search for it. I don't necessarily think that a story is better or worse because of the way it comes to be. However, I've noticed that there comes a point as I write where I truly feel inspired and then I can't help but think - am I the only one who's going to be excited about what I'm writing?

On a greater scale, is that how Euclid felt each time he developed a new proof or how Pythagoras felt when he came up with the Pythagorean theorem? I'm not suggesting in any way that I'll ever contribute something so timeless and substantial to any society or community, but even having one reader feel and relate to what I've pulled from my own mind would be gratifying.

Is true inspiration similar to kinetic energy?

I suppose anytime inspiration strikes you, there's always uncertainly as to whether or not sharing it will in turn inspire others or if they'll simply think you're nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment