Friday, February 5, 2010

The Mischief of the Murphy Brothers: Seamus's Brother Liam is Born. Scheduled Release Fall 2010!


I am very pleased and excited to announce the future release of my first book with Wiggles Press - The Mischief of the Murphy Brothers: Seamus's Brother Liam is Born.  Scheduled Release Fall 2010!  

This book details the beautiful story of my second son's birth and the wonderful experience we had as a family together.  While pregnant with my second son I wanted what every second-time mother wants, a book for the first child  explaining the emotional side of the coming of a new sibling.  However, we had a very special situation.  My first son was going to be present at the birth of his brother.  We had thoroughly prepped him on what to expect during labor and as a family we felt that things like baby development and birth are very natural and wonderful experiences that should not be hidden from children.  However, I had a very difficult time finding a book that described this unique experience from a sibling's perspective.  It was then and there that the idea of writing a book of this nature came to mind, but was quickly filed away behind thoughts of hospital and baby preparation.  After my second son was born and things settled a bit, I made the time to write a story based on our experience that embodies the absolute beauty of this event for the whole family; especially for my eldest son who truly understood and enjoyed the experience in a unique way.  I believe that there is something so amazing about the dynamic of the relationship between siblings and I believe that my book captures some essence of this.  

I look forward to sharing it with you and can't wait to see how you receive it!


No comments:

Post a Comment